Friendy Liezel from Match Set Love made this amazing cake when I visited one day. It was sooo good that I just had to get the recipe and share it with you lovilees. It is a gluten / flour free recipe that is beyond tasty! Then you to Lauren Kim who baked, styled and photographed this article for us!
Almond & Honey cake recipe
Serves 6 | Bake: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of honey
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line the bottom of a wide loaf tin with baking paper
- Process toasted whole almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Combine the almonds with the honey until it becomes a thick paste, set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until stiff enough to hold peaks. Gently fold the eggs into the almond honey mixture.
- Sprinkle the batter with some sliced almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve cold with greek yogurt or whipped cream and add some berries for colour.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography
This post first appeared on lovilee.