I did a post about the beautiful navy blue trend that’s popping up everywhere, and many of you asked where you can get the gorgeous botanical bed linen that I had in one of the images. So I’ve decided that it’s time for a Get The Look post! Here is what you need to get this look for your navy botanical bedroom.
When you want to emulate a look, it’s important to first identify the individual elements. This will provide you with a blueprint for the look. So if you end up finding something similar but you’re not quite sure if it’s going to work or not, you will have a handy reference to check it against. For example: this room has a lot of gold elements so accessories in the right style but a bright chrome finish probably won’t be the best bet.
- Navy blue wall. This kind of deep navy is also called midnight blue.
- Profile trim on the wall. While this is not essential to this look, it does look magnificent because it breaks up the blue expanse and adds to the colonial drama.
- Black and white geometric floor. You don’t have to tile, just keep the colour scheme and strong lines in mind.
- Banana leaf bedlinen
- Black furniture
- Gold trims on the side table and accessories.
Right, now that you know what you are looking for, I’ve put together a mood board of both local and internationally available items to make it even easier. Even if you have to order it from abroad, these suppliers will ship to South Africa. Please keep in mind that stock varies and that all these items are available.
- Quilt: Target (*see note below!)
- Rug: Superbalist
- Chest of drawers: Furniture Warehouse
- Table tamp: Weylandts
- Nested side tables: @home
- Scented candle with leaf topper and golden pineapple, both H&M Home
- Dark blue canvass scatter & green patterned scatter, both H&M Home
Now that you have your dark and dreamy tropical haven, get into bed with a good book and a cup of tea.
*PS: did you know that Target shipped to SA??? I only found this out while writing this post. I think I have some shopping to do…!